GE_ALSTOM 2018 Tallawarra HP DRUM replacement
High-Pressure Drum replacement and Pipes re-connection
|Location||Tallawarra Power Station (Energy Australia)|
|Job Title||HP Drum Replacement|
|Service||Pressure Vessels, Specialised Welding & Fabrication|
Scope of Work
High Pressure drum replacement / Pipes Re-connection & Fabrication
Repair & add the valves / Adjacent structure reinforcement
Workshop personnel included Coded Welders and Boilermakers. The support team included Project Management, Quality Management, Project Engineering and Project Supervisor.
We’ve proudly completed the project with high standard performance on schedule.
Due to the nature of the high-pressure drum handling, there were high standard requirements in Safety, Qualify and Project & Schedule management.
All procedures were qualified and approved by International and Australian clients prior to the project commencing
- Zero (0) Lost Time Incident during the project (120days approx. 30-40 Manpower)
- Zero failure rate on all welding; only one minor defect found out of 106 welding joints
- 100% NDT conducted
- Project delivered on time and on budget
- Complete conformance to AS1210-2010 Class 1
- Protech Welding Pty Ltd worked closely with the client nominated International Welding engineer/ consultant to ensure all project quality requirements where exceeded for the duration of the project
- Project and quality management
- Extensive interaction with our client to ensure a quality of the finished product was in line with practical requirements
- Coordination of multiple subcontractors including, Lifting, NDR and Reinstatement.
- Liaise with the client to ensure Manufacturers Data Report (MDR) contained the information required for future reference including as-built information and drawing updates.